Pre-Conference Doctoral Symposium
SUNDAY 23 APRIL 2017
The Informatics for Health Conference 2017 is an ideal opportunity for doctoral students from across Europe and further afield to explore their research interests and disseminate their research work in an interdisciplinary workshop under the guidance of senior academics.
The Symposium has the following specific objectives:
- Provide a platform for PhD candidates to present their on-going work and receive feedback on participants’ current research and guidance on future research directions.
- Provide participants’ the opportunity to identify their existing skills and also future training needs through a wide ranging discussion on careers in data science.
- Opportunity to work with leaders in the field to shape a paper surrounding student perspectives of training in the field
- Promote the development and work of early career researchers
The day will include talks from PhD students; feedback sessions; group discussion around career opportunities and skills development with professionals across all sectors and the opportunity to network. The official programme will be announced at the end of January.
Doctoral Symposium Abstract Submission – Deadline for submission 8 December 2016
Submissions are welcomed from all PhD students independent of the advancement into their PhD. Students can focus on the main research problem, how they plan to address it and preliminary results for those at an early stage and significant results for those at a later stage. The stage in the study of the PhD will be taken into the account from reviewers and format of presentation.
Submissions should include:
- Title of your work
- Name, affiliation, email address
- Supervisory team
- A main description of your research work including:
- Introduction to problem being addressed
- Contribution to the field
- The (proposed) approach
- Evaluation and future work
The abstract should be no longer than 500 words and must be formatted in an Arial font, 12pt.
All submissions will be reviewed by a panel of experienced researchers and you be notified by the end of January.
If you have submitted an abstract to the main conference, you will be able to submit the same abstract to the pre-conference doctoral symposium via the method below. We will consider this when allocating format of oral presentation.
To submit an abstract for the symposium please email your submission to Catharine Goddard (firstname.lastname@example.org). Should you wish to present within the main conference, please submit abstract through web-page submission.
24 – 26 APRIL